2016 Helen Free Travel Grant Winner
Brian Wright, BS, MT (ASCP)
University of Michigan Hospital and Health Systems
Ann Arbor, MI
The Helen Free Travel Grant was established to recognize Helen Free whose many achievements include the development of the first urine glucose dipstick. This award is for non-doctoral applicants residing in the United States only and is worth $2,500 to assist in travel to attend the the Association for Diagnostics & Laboratory Medicine (formerly AACC) Annual Meeting.
How to Apply
Applications should contain the following:
- A statement about how attending will help the applicant in his or her work environment;
- A statement as to whether the applicant has submitted an abstract for presentation at the Annual meeting (if so, a copy of the abstract must be included with the application).
- Information about whether other resources are available for the applicant to attend the Annual meeting. Applicant must be able to pay in advance for airfare and other expenses related to travel to the meeting as the award will not be given until arrival at the meeting.
- Contact information for the applicant, such as address, e-mail address, and phone number;
- Information about whether applicant has attended past the Association for Diagnostics & Laboratory Medicine (ADLM) Annual Meetings;
- Applicant's CV or resume;
- Two letters of support that address the impact your attendance at the meeting will have on your job and in your institution, AND financial need to attend which must be on organizational letterhead.
Submit applications by February 28 to:
Email: [email protected]
Format: Please make sure the documents are in the sequential order listed directly above (under the "How to Apply" Section). Applications will not be considered unless submitted as a single PDF document.
If you have questions about the Helen Free Travel Grant, email [email protected]
or call (800) 892-1400 Ext. 8713 or (202) 835-8713.