Adaptive Online Learning
Stay up to date and sharpen your lab skills with this unique online adaptive learning program.
The the Association for Diagnostics & Laboratory Medicine (formerly AACC) Learning Lab adaptive learning platform combines gold standard content with the most efficient, engaging, and effective way to help you as you increase proficiency, expand knowledge, and enhance your career. Using adaptive technology, each course adapts to your goals, pace, and knowledge gaps to allow you to home in on knowledge gaps and get the education you need.
Access over 110+ advanced courses and over 80 courses for Medical Laboratory Specialists across the fields of laboratory medicine when you sign up for a complimentary subscription. Courses include expert education, interactive questions, and rationales in an adaptive platform conveniently tracked in the the Association for Diagnostics & Laboratory Medicine (ADLM) Learning Lab.
Start Your Complimentary Subscription Today
ADLM and Area9 Lyceum are now offering complimentary access to the ADLM Learning Lab. Join 9,700+ users from 145 countries and start your complimentary subscription today to receive access to the entire library of over 100 courses. Registration is simple and takes less than a minute to complete. Interested in institutional access? To learn more about institutional licenses including access to lab manager dashboards and reporting, click here.
Learn More About ADLM Learning Lab
Benefits of Adaptive Learning
Because it is personalized to you, this innovative adaptive learning method allows you to:
- Go at your own pace
- Achieve faster and higher quality learning progression
- Accelerating time to proficiency
- Easily absorb key learning concepts
- Retain knowledge over time
- See your progress
- Cover more ground
- Dive deeper into any subject
- Study anywhere, anytime
Comprehensive Material in Laboratory Medicine
Endorsed by IFCC, the ADLM Learning Lab is led by renowned experts and Editors-in-Chief, Drs. Nader Rifai and Christina Ellervik, and developed by experts across the fields of clinical chemistry. The material will cover all disciplines of laboratory medicine in the following areas:
- General Laboratory Medicine
- Clinical Chemistry
- Hematology and Coagulation
- Transfusion Medicine
- Clinical Microbiology
- Laboratory Genomics
- Clinical Immunology
The content for each program area, created and edited by over 130 international specialists and beta-tested by over 250 experts from around the world, addresses different topics in that discipline. Subscribers get access to the entire library of courses plus new course each month. Each course contains questions and answers in a variety of engaging formats. Valuable learning resources provide background information on each question if you want to go deeper or need a reminder. ACCENT® continuing education credits are available.
After participating in the Learning Lab modules, you will be able to:
- Understand overall laboratory management, leadership, and federal compliance
- Apply statistical assessment and quality assessment in the overall variability assessment of laboratory measurements
- Understand basic analytical principles
- Evaluate new technologies and methodologies for implementation in clinical laboratory testing
- Describe major sources of preanalytical and analytical error in clinical laboratory testing and apply this knowledge in interpretation of laboratory results
- Understand basic pathophysiology and its impact on clinical laboratory testing
- Interpret laboratory values in in physiological states (e.g. age, race, gender, pregnancy) and pathological states
Watch the Editor-in-Chief talk about the benefits of using Learning Lab: