Is this a certification program?
No, this is not a professional certification program by a designated certifying board. A certificate program is an academic program of study in a specific field intended for occupational training, upgrading, or retraining. A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the program as proof.
We do offer a Point of Care Testing Professional Certification, which is a different program. Learn more here.
Does this certificate program have requirements for maintaining competency?
Since this is not a professional certification program, requirements for maintaining competency do not apply.
Are there any prerequisites for enrolling in a program?
Educational programs, such as these certificate programs, are generally open to anyone who wishes to participate. Specific professional experience or academic degrees are not required unless the program’s registration form specifically mentions them. The information contained on the program’s web pages will include the program’s target audience and level of difficulty.
Do I need to be a member to enroll in a certificate program?
No, you do not need to be a member of the Association for Diagnostics & Laboratory Medicine (formerly AACC) to purchase access to a certificate program. As a member of the Association for Diagnostics & Laboratory Medicine (ADLM) you receive a significant fee discount and access to other great resources.
Non-members of ADLM may purchase certificate programs by first creating a complimentary account.
How can I determine if a certificate program is right for me?
Read the program descriptions and course information to determine if a particular program will meet your educational needs and interests.
Do I earn continuing education (CE) credits for a certificate program?
ACCENT® credit is offered for each certificate program. ADLM is an approved provider of continuing education for clinical laboratory scientists in the states of California, Florida, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Tennessee, and West Virginia. How many credits available differ for each certificate program and are listed in the description.
How do I claim (CE) credits for a certificate program?
Upon successful completion of the course, you will find the CE link to claim your credit. This link will take you to the CE portal:
- Log in using your ADLM credentials.
- Complete the short evaluation.
- Print and/or save your certificate as proof of participation and CE credit.
Can I earn partial CE credit for each certificate program?
No—only one link is provided for completion of all courses within the certificate program. This link with instructions is provided at the end of each program along with the certificate.
When can I begin my coursework?
Access is provided on a rolling basis, depending on how you have purchased the program:
- If you purchase a certificate program on our website, order processing is immediate.
- If you purchase a program over the telephone, order processing will take 3-4 business days.
- If you wish to purchase a program via U.S. post or fax, please use the registration form on the landing page of the certificate program you are interested in and allow 2 weeks for order processing.
- In all cases, program access information will be sent in an email titled "ADLM Order Confirmation" once the order process is complete.
- Haven’t received your access information? We recommend checking your Spam/Junk Mail for sender [email protected] in case the confirmation email is filtered there. If you cannot locate the email, please contact ADLM Customer Service.
How long do I have to complete a program?
All enrollments prior to January 1, 2025 will expire 1 year after the date of enrollment. All enrollments from January 1, 2025 will expire December 31, 2025.
I have navigated all modules of my Certificate Program, why does it show me as incomplete?
Please ensure that you have watched all videos in their entirety and have passed all quizzes. The system will then recognize you as complete.
I have lost my email confirmation; how can I access my course?
- Log into ADLM.org with your login credentials
- Click on My Profile in the upper right-hand corner of the website.
- Go to the Activities tab
- Find your activity in Your Educational Events
If I did not pass the quiz in 3 attempts, can I get more attempts?
Yes, please email [email protected] with your request and you will be provided 2 additional attempts. You will need to provide the following information:
- Full Name
- Certificate Program
- Title of Module
How long do I have access to course materials?
Your access to course materials ends on the program end date. After that date you will not have access to the program, which means you should print PDFs of any materials you may want to access later as a resource.
What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellations and refunds are not available for e-learning courses. Unfortunately, we are unable to transfer your registration as each year a new edition of the certificate program is launched.
How do I receive my certificate of completion?
A PDF Certificate of Completion is generated after every quiz (generally one per course) within the certificate program has been passed with an 80% or higher. It can be kept for your records and indicates you completed the program successfully. The link to claim your CE credit is found in the webpage of your course once complete. This is immediately emailed to you at the email address provided to ADLM. Note that depending on your settings, this message may go to the Unsolicited/Junk Mail folder of your inbox.
Are there technical requirements?
You must have internet access on an up-to-date web browser.
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
Audio speakers and recommended viewing:
You will need speakers attached to your computer to hear the audio files associated with some of the course materials. For best viewing, your screen resolution should be 1024 x 768 or higher.
How do I re-print my certificate?
- Go to: https://direct.aacc.org/directhop.aspx?sourcetype=lms&returnlink=https://aacc.mycrowdwisdom.com/diweb/mylearning
- Login using your ADLM Login Credentials.
- You will be sent directly into Your Dashboard
- Click on the Completed tab
- Then on the dropdown next to Year select “All”
- You will see a list of all your completed activities and the button for Certificate. You can reprint your certificate from there.
Whom may I contact if I have further questions about the program, my registration, or am experiencing technical issues?
Please review the information on the program web site for content, dates, technical requirements, and registration details. For additional assistance, you may contact ADLM customer service in one of three ways: [email protected], (800) 892-1400, or (202) 857- 0717 and press option 2. If they are unable to address your needs, you will be directed to staff in the ADLM Education Department.