International Membership Grants
Two-year Association for Diagnostics & Laboratory Medicine (ADLM) professional memberships are available to early- and mid-career clinical laboratorians from underserved areas worldwide. Each membership includes a subscription to ADLM’s flagship journal Clinical Chemistry, online access to The Journal of Applied Laboratory Medicine, registration discounts for the ADLM Annual Meeting, full access to the Artery online community, discounts on ADLM webinars, and much more.
Am I Eligible?
Requirements include proof of current employment in the field of laboratory medicine and a desire to keep up with the latest advances in the field. In selecting grant recipients, preference is given to those who are in the early part of their career and have responsibilities that would allow them to share their member benefits. Applicants who are current ADLM members or have been ADLM members in the past two years will be considered ineligible.
Additionally, please note that if you are awarded a membership grant, you will be required to submit feedback annually on how your membership has benefited you and others in your healthcare community.
How Do I Apply?
Applications will reopen for the 2024-2025 season in October 2024. Application requirements are below.
- A statement indicating why you want to be a member of ADLM and how membership will help you in your work as a clinical laboratorian.
- A copy of your resume (curriculum vitae).
- Your contact information, including name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- A statement as to whether you have ever been a member of ADLM and when.
- A list of your professional memberships and activities with local, national, and regional laboratory associations.
- Information on the availability of resources for you to be a member of ADLM.
- One letter of support from laboratory medicine professionals, healthcare administrators or leaders of local laboratory associations.
- Other information that may be helpful in evaluating your application, including teaching responsibilities or other outreach information.
The deadline for applications will be December 31, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time. Grant recipients will be notified in April regarding their status.
Please send an email to [email protected].